ID Theft Attorney in New York
Perhaps nearly every student has, at some time or another, signed a parent’s name to a permission slip or detention notification. We may consider this type of mischief to be an error in judgment or a mistake that we expect a young person to grow out of. On a grander scale, however, falsely signing a facsimile of someone else’s signature or using someone else’s electronic sign-in information can lead to criminal charges.
From Law Offices in Albany and Schenectady, Representing New Yorkers Charged With ID Theft
If you have been charged with ID theft in New York, you should contact the Law Office of Mark J. Sacco, PLLC, for legal advice and representation.
Allegations that you committed ID theft can arise in a number of different ways. You may be accused of any of the following illegal acts regarding someone else’s identification:
- Using a forged signature of someone else to obtain a credit card or business loan, sign for a package at the post office or open a bank account.
- Use of unauthorized ID information to generate fake gift cards
- “Phishing” for passwords and confidential account information via e-mail or other electronic solicitations
- Accepting and cashing checks (such as Social Security checks or Medicare refunds) for family members who have died — or who are still alive, but did not authorize you to take these actions.
- Credit card fraud involving another person’s account, signature or identification
- Applying for federal student aid using forged signatures
- Filing income tax returns using forged signatures
If you face criminal charges based on alleged actions such as any of these, contact us to speak with an experienced New York ID theft attorney at the Law Office of Mark J. Sacco, PLLC. We assist clients in Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, the Capital Region and throughout New York State. We defend New Yorkers in all Federal District Courts (Northern District of New York, Western District of New York, Southern District of New York and Eastern District of New York).
Contact a Schenectady Identity Theft Lawyer
If you have been charged with any type of white-collar crime such as ID theft and need to speak with an attorney, schedule a consultation at our Albany, New York, or Schenectady, New York, law office. Call us at 518-631-4046 or contact us online .